Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Timex Men's Ironman 50-Lap Combo Analog Digital Dress Watch #T5E351

Customer Buzz
I really enjoyed this watch for about 18 months. It was at that point I began to notice cracks in the band. I was able to glue a couple of them until i just gave up. The band was disintegrating on my arm. I did wear it every day, but it saw little or no abuse as I sit behind a desk. Also the crystal is prone to scratching.

EDIT: I just called Timex. They will repair/replace for $10. They also suggested that WalMart may have prepaid Timex shipping envelopes in the Watch department. Swing by to pick one up and shipping there and back is on them. With this I would bump to 4 stars if I could have and if the crystal was better I'd give it 5.

Customer Buzz
The watch is what I ordered and works fine. The free shipment had problems and had to be reshipped as standard delivery.

Customer Buzz
On my particular watch, the band material (on the band with the latch holes) developed a tensile crack that appear to be associated with stress from bending/unlatching the band everyday for the last 2 years (received as gift Christmas 2006). At that point, I would have immediately sought to replace the band myself... but the band and watch are integrated together. Instead, after the crack grew larger, I cut the band at the crack and ended up hot gluing and electrical taping the band back on (during Sept. 2008). A few months after performing this complex surgery, I found two tensile cracks in the middle of the other band (the band with the actual latch) that appeared to be associated with tension in the band during unlatching. I preformed the same surgery on that band yesterday and today I found more tensile cracks on the part of the band that is directly connected to the metal latch. Let me first say that I am not using the Jaws of Life or any other unreasonable method for unlatching the watch that would certainly lead to these problems - it was under "normal wear and tear". The band can (apparently) be replaced by sending the watch, a check for US $10, and an address to return the watch to:

Hotline Watch Service
PO Box 8009
Little Rock, AR 72203

Let me also add that for those of you that think the digital and analog time are synchronized... they are not. You must synchronize by hand and repeat when the analog time begins to drift.

Customer Buzz
Has all the features needed to jog (stopwatch with lap counter), easily change time zones, and always see the time at home (analog).

Customer Buzz
The wristband is made of flimsy rubber that cracked and broke apart after about a year. The wristband cannot be fixed or replaced since it is one piece with the crown. So it's now trash. Also, this watch actually has 2 batteries of different sizes, one for the analog hands and another for the digital display. They both had to be replaced within a year. I paid $49 for it. I see it's now over $60! Way too much for a disposable watch.

Customer Buzz
There is one thing though with this watch that is not so good : the position of the name on the left of the watch, right in front of hour 9.
When the 2 hands are aligned and you see only one hand, then when having a quick glimpse at it you think that the name is the other hand...
Would have been better to put it above or below.

Customer Buzz
Some sites show photos of this watch where the digital readout is bright white on a black background -- that's not what you'll see on the actual wach. The Amazon photo is more realistic. The digits are a dark grey on a black background. In some lights, this is easy to read, but most of the time, it is a challenge because the contrast is so low. As compared to the previous Timex I had with dark letters on a light background, this one is much harder to read. In a dark room with the backlight on, the contrast improves considerably.

The digital and analog time keeping is just fine, it's been spot-on for weeks. But you may well find that the digital display is almost useless unless you're in good lighting. And there seems to be a good chance you'll have the band tear, and this cannot be replaced. That's what spoiled my previous Timex, and many reviewers said that their built-in band Timexes also suffered the same fate.

On the upside, it looks very elegant when you turn off the digital display and just have the analog hands on a black background.

Customer Buzz
I cannot complain about the watch itself - but like others in this review section, my band is now broken (in a little more than a year) and my $75 watch is useless to me. The band cannot be replaced, its part of the watch itself. I will double check this on every new watch I buy. This is the first time a TIMEX watch has let me down - and it wasn't really the watch itself. Poor planning at TIMEX.

Customer Buzz
Great watch! The display is great especially at night. Setting the time and alarms is extremely easy with on-screen help.

Customer Buzz
Purchased this watch in Jan. of 2007. It is now Aug. 2008 and the band has already broken. The design of the watch prevents a new band to replace it, so I am stuck purchasing a whole new watch. This watch wasn't worn in hard environments and not daily. Disappointed in the short life span. Would not recommend.

About Timex Men's Ironman 50-Lap Combo Analog Digital Dress Watch #T5E351 detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #523 in Watches
  • Brand: Timex
  • Model: T5E351
  • Band material: Polyurethane
  • Bezel material: stainless-steel
  • Case material: stainless-steel-and-polyurethane
  • Clasp type: Buckle
  • Dial color: black
  • Dial window material: Mineral
  • Movement type: Analog and Digital
  • Water-resistant to 100 meters

Features

  • Case diameter: 46 mm
  • Stainless-steel-and-polyurethane case; Black dial

Related Product





Source From cheap-buy-watch-20
Hope you guys had a great weekend
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment