Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Timex Women's Expedition Brown Leather Strap Metal Field Watch #T47042

Customer Buzz
Very Lightweight watch that is exactly what I was hoping for when it arrived. Excellent quality and I love the indiglo feature.

Customer Buzz
Finally, a watch for the outdoors-woman! If you are looking for a rugged, functional watch that has some class, and is sized for a woman's wrist, you have just found it. I am a landscape design student, so I am in and out of water, mud, and plant material, but I also needed something that looks appropriate for meetings, classes or everyday wear. I wanted analog movement, with the date, a leather band, and an "adventurer" style to the face. I also have a small wrist, so size was important. This watch has all of these features, plus an Indiglo light, and is even more attractive than in the photo, as the face is actually a brushed black metal. It holds up well to use, and as another reviewer commented, the face seems to be fairly scratch-resistant.

Customer Buzz
Pros: Durable, lightweight, has simplicity and basic functions of a watch, great for daily wear, aesthetically pleasing and matches well with many casual outfits.

Con: the watch's straps are a bit difficult to put on and off when I am wearing it as a perfect fit, as opposed to when I wear it a bit loosely.

Originally, I was looking for a watch with a 24-hour clock, is simple, durable, and good for everyday wear. For $[...] + free shipping, this watch is exactly those things. I've owned this watch for a couple months now and have yet to be disappointed. To be honest, the only "big" problem I would have later on is getting a new strap for it, and I'll explain why at the end.

The picture of the watch on this page does not do The Expedition justice at all. After taking it out of the box, my immediate impression is this is one handsome watch. The picture on Amazon's site makes the metal casing of the watch look whitish, powdery. This is not so. It is a black metal, and in the light, it sometimes has a copper-brown hue when contrasted to the olive green background and dark brown straps. Also, the olive green background and the numerals look very flat and drab. This is also not the case. Some reviewers have complained that the date indicator is too small to read. I personally had no trouble reading the date in the usual well-lit atmosphere. However, if you push the crown to light up the watch, it will not light up the date window. The 24-hour digits are small, but not unreadable. But since I bought it to get used to using UTC time, it was better this way for me because I could test myself that way. The only function I found useless was the cardinal directions, but it doesn't get in the way. Also, the ticking sound of the second hand is pretty much inaudible, unlike some reviews I've read about other watches on Amazon. Overall, all the basic functions you could want in a watch are there and work very well.

Other notables about the Expedition. I have banged my wrist several times onto things and it has yet to scratch. It's also been exposed to weather as I walked in heavy rain and hail once. Granted I didn't flail my wrist in the air to test this out, but it did get wet and still works fine. Also, another reviewer said the holes go all the way up to the watch itself; I think this is so that you have the choice to wrap the watch around something else like a strap or pants belt loop. I also like that this watch is not bulky at all, making it light and fairly comfortable to wear. Especially in comparison to Coleman's women's watch which I got from a local Target:

[...]

They both have the 24 hour clock, lights up, water resistant, and although the Coleman is about $[...] cheaper, it is very bulky because the actual watch sits on top of the leather strap, which itself is also bulky. While the silver casing makes the Coleman look a bit "classier," the Expedition is more suitable for everyday wear for me. All of these things add to the functionality and practicality of the Expedition.

The only thing I will dock the watch is it's strap. It fits my wrist fine, but strapping it on and taking it off is a bit of a struggle as the metal pieces tends to stay in the hole. With all the tugging (when I wear it with a perfect fit), I can see that I'll be buying a new strap for this later down the line. But when I wear it a size looser, I don't have this problem.

Bottom line: at this price, and compared to other watches with similar functions, I am very happy with this purchase.

Customer Buzz
I was looking for something practical and this is just what I wanted. It is not too big and not too small. It is easy to read day or night It is very comfortable and I never take it off. My only complaint is that the color of the rim around the face of my watch is actually black - the picture looks like a metal rim. I liked it anyway and kept it, but it does look different.

Customer Buzz
I just received this watch today, so I can't speak to its endurance, however, it works fine. The date is too small to read but I don't depend on my watch for the date, so that doesn't matter to me. If you want to clearly see the date, this isn't the watch for you. Also, the casing, which appears gray in all the online photos of this watch, is actually black, without a hint of gray! I liked the gray look so initially this bugged me, but not enough to send it back.

Customer Buzz
I think this is a great watch. The design is unique, the numbers are easy to read and the band is very comfortable. Timex purposely makes the women's watches with smaller faces, and I count on that. I appreciate the size, the design, and the price. Amazon is selling this watch 50% cheaper than the Timex website. Very good sporty watch for the money.

Customer Buzz
Timex Women's Metal Field Expedition Watch #T47042
One of the reasons I bought this watch was because it supposedly had an eight year battery life. In less than 90 days the watch quit working! I assume it is the battery as I reset the time several times; however each time, the watch worked for a few hours, to just a few minutes. I am really dissappointed with this product. This watch worked for less than 3 months. I'd originally really liked the watch, the look, the fit, etc., and by the time I became accustomed to it, it quit working. I did receive the watch in record time; however a watch that doesn't work is useless. Apparently there is absolutely no warrenty on this product and if there was I imagine the box it came in and other packing materials would have to be included which, of course, I threw out after I started wearing the watch. I live in the Baja and can't buy another battery for this watch, not that I should have to with the eight years of battery life - HA! Very dissapointed to buy an item through Amazon with absolutely no warranty. Bad Watch!

Customer Buzz
This is great women's watch. I'm the outdoors type and being a neutral color it matches everything. Also I've noticed it's hard to scratch. I tend to bang my wrist around in tight places and it still looks new after a year. When it gets hot the band doesn't bother my wrist being this type of leather.

Customer Buzz
This is not a man's watch. I used to own the larger version and this is NOT it. It is a great watch if you are looking for something with a smallish band and face.

Customer Buzz
I had previously order a Timex watch advertised as a man's watch but I am sure that it is a woman's watch because it would not begin to fit around my wrist. I substitued this watch. It is still rather small but at least it fits my wrist. I would not buy another of this watch.

About Timex Women's Expedition Brown Leather Strap Metal Field Watch #T47042 detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #1505 in Watches
  • Brand: Timex
  • Model: T47042
  • Dimensions: .81 pounds
  • Band material: suede
  • Clasp type: Buckle
  • Dial color: light-olive-green
  • Dial window material: Mineral
  • Movement type: Quartz
  • Water-resistant to 50 meters

Features

  • Reliable quartz movement
  • Strong mineral crystal protects dial from scratches and scrapes
  • Case diameter measures 33 mm

Related Product





Source From cheap-buy-watch-20
Bye Bye
Cheers and Care

No comments:

Post a Comment