Friday, March 20, 2009

Timex Men's Ironman Triathlon 30-Lap Shock Resistant Watch #T56442

Customer Buzz
Love this watch. I just ordered another one of these to replace the worn-out one I have. Over several years, I've replaced the battery as well as the strap. I've beaten the heck out of this one: the silver paint is worn off in spots and the black rubber "shock" cover is beginning to come loose.

I use it for running, and the controls are easy to use. The Velcro strap is nice for when you want to wear the watch on the outside of your jacket.

Highly recommended.

Customer Buzz
This does exactly what it says it will. Indiglo light stays on 3 seconds after pushing the button. Alarm is audible. It's easy to read, easy to use, and lightweight. Band is comfortable and the watch looks nice. I love it.

Customer Buzz
I was looking for a watch with a good lap function on a cloth strap (I hate plastic straps). It was actually hard to find! After much searching, I tried this one and it fits the bill perfectly. Now I can track my splits for every single mile of a marathon using a watch that is actually comfortable to wear.

Customer Buzz
I bought my first Timex Ironman Shock Resistant Watch years ago. I have many other watches such as Baume & Mercier, Seiko, Casio G-shock, Swiss Army, Benrus, etc. My Ironman was among the least expensive but most reliable and accurate. I was so interested in quartz digital watch accuracy that I decided to conduct a test. Quartz watches can vary in accuracy from about 1/2 second a day. The best mechanical cannot even compare to a quartz watch in accuracy. I was lucky in just so happening to pick a Timex Ironman watch which was accurate to about 1 second drift in a month. That meant that it did not even drift in accuracy to an incredible 12 seconds for an entire year! Of course, that does not mean that all Timex Ironman watches are as accurate as mine. Mine is more accurate and reliable than the most expensive Patek Philippe, Rolex or James Bond's Omega Seamaster costing thousands of dollars. It's not as fancy as those famous Swiss watches. But as they say "It takes a licking but keeps on ticking". Actually a quartz digital watch does not tick at all. It is silent. Its piezo-electric quartz crystal vibrates thousands of times per second. Thus it can be ultra accurate.

Customer Buzz
This is probably my fifth Timex sports watch and I have to say it is by far the best. The major issue with previous models was a band that seemed flimsy and buttons that did not hold up and eventually wore out. This is made for battle. The case is rugged and the band is thicker and stronger than the others. The buttons are protected and function easily. I don't have to press the buttons hard. From a software point of view, it operates like the previous versions, which makes it familiar very quickly.

This watch is thicker than most watches and if you wear it with a button cuff shirt, it will annoy you if the cuff is too tight. I wear it mostly for workouts and weekend activities, so it really fits into my lifestyle well. This is definately a man's watch.

I don't feel I have to baby it. The indiglo seems brighter than I recall. It's great when you are out at night and can't see your watch. It is very clear with large digits. I also like the fact that replacement bands are available in case of some unfortunate mishap.

Customer Buzz
I used this watch for a few months for triathlon training and found that the velcro band deteriorated very quickly and lost its stick. The Ironman logos wore off and the watch came off in the surf one day while ocean swimming. I caught it just in time but then it came off again the other day at Bondi Beach and now is gone forever. Such a shame, I really liked the functions of the watch and for the price was great value (even with postage to Australia). I read some reviews that said the similar watch with the composite band is also pretty flimsy. I am no ironman, but neither is this watch I'm afraid.

That said, I must be either a sucker or loyal. I will probably buy another one and then try and sew a better piece of velcro on. I doubt Timex would give me another.

Customer Buzz
I bought this watch because the last Timex ironman watch I had was worn out. I bought the last one nine years ago!!! These watches are great. I wore my first one on the flight line when I was in the Navy and I've worn my second one on the mean streets of Kansas City MO for nine years as a cop. If you're looking for a great watch that will be there when you need it.... buy this watch. As always, Amazon was great.

Customer Buzz
I use this watch for lap swimming. It is nice to be able to simply tap the Start/Split button at each lap rather than have to keep track of the count in my head. I got a lot of great use out of this watch, both running and swimming. And for the price, I probably got my money's worth. But here's the downside: as the battery begins to wear down, the display becomes harder and harder to read. When it finally died, I went to get the battery changed, but was told I needed to mail it in for a battery change, to insure it was properly sealed and would retain its water resistance. I did, in a pre-paid box provided by the store, and a few weeks later the watch came back with a new battery and no bill! My delight was short-lived, however, because after just sixty seconds in the pool, the watch went belly up.

I've had similar experiences with much more expensive "water proof/water resistant" watches, however, so perhaps it is just unrealistic to expect a watch to retain its water resistance after the seal is broken and the battery replaced.

I'll probably buy another Timex Ironman, and just accept that it is a one-battery watch, and expect to replace it every two years when the battery dies. At $30-40 bucks, it could be worse.

Customer Buzz
I like this watch. The night mode feature is helpful. As I've worn it, however, the strap comes out of the loop often, and it gets a bit irritating, I often have to slide the loop up closer to the latch to keep it from slipping out....Is that too much irritation for something that simply needs to sit on your wrist and not pop open, probably.

OK.....nevermind, I change my mind and the rating on this watch (except I can't change the stars, otherwise I'd give it 2). Once I wore it a bit longer (really, just a bit...), all the paint started to wear off, and the strap thing got worse. It looks pretty bad now, and I haven't wore it much.

Customer Buzz
I did a lot of research before I decided to buy this watch. I wanted a durable, light weight, and a simple watch. This watch is perfect for what I use it for. This is it; get this watch, for the price you can't go wrong.

About Timex Men's Ironman Triathlon 30-Lap Shock Resistant Watch #T56442 detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #470 in Watches
  • Brand: Timex
  • Model: T56442
  • Dimensions: 1.00 pounds
  • Band material: Fast Wrap Strap
  • Case material: Metal
  • Dial color: digital-gray
  • Movement type: Digital
  • Water-resistant to 200 meters

Related Product





Source From cheap-buy-watch-20
�Have a great day everybody!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment